Monthly Meetup at Bob’s Burgers & Brew…Sunday, Jan 6, 2019
2:20pm – 5:15pm, 9394 Old Hwy 99 North Rd, Burlington
Come meetup and experience an afternoon of camaraderie while we focus on Safety and Security in an ever changing world.
Topic 1: Introduction to Puget Sound Vikings website and blog
Topic 2: 2019 Planning Roundtable. Discussion topics, workshops and activities. Some topics will require several discussion sessions to be followed by an exercise or activity. Below are a few of the topics and activities which we have on plan – let’s refresh this list and plan the year. If you have a particular skill or knowledge base, or desire to learn and present on a given topic ….. own it and do it!
Topic 3: PNW Regional Rendezvous – Concept is a regional, 2-3 day meetup with workshops, speakers, practicum and training. Strengthen our skills, knowledge and grow the regional network.
Future info sharing/tutorial presentations planned include:
- Radio Communications – Amateur Radio and others. Communication protocols in NPE.
- Butchering Workshop – Hands on
- Home Security – Hardening Your Refuge
- Legal Aspects of Self Defense Use of Force – ROL vs WROL
- Gardening For Food (Urban Farming)
- Principles of Health and Healing – Working with Nature.
- Solar Power Design Workshop – Let’s Design YOUR System
- Food Security – Procurement, Preservation, Storage
- Range Day – pistol and rifle basic marksmanship
- Firearm Cleaning, Maintenance and Storage
- Concealed Carry – Methods, Gear, Tips
- Home Canning – Hands on workshop
- Bushcraft Outing – two day/overnight outing to practice skills, mountain setting
- Greyman Exercise Part I – seeing and not being seen
- Greyman Exercise Part II – intrude and detect
- Get Home Exercise
- Urban Foraging
- Gardening Work Party – Who Wants Help Setting up Their Garden??
Open to suggestions and volunteers
Reminders and Research
- Viking Library – donate a book to the box. Books available for loan for one month.
- Gear Giveaway/Exchange – bring some gear to give away or barter.
- Hazards and Alerts – research sources of alerting for hazards that are pertinent to the Puget Sound. Share in March.
Previous info sharing/tutorial/demonstrations include:
- Solar Power 101
- Vehicle Readiness Kit
- Get Home Kit
- Alternate Route Planning
- Food Security – grab-and-go bucket
- Gardening in the PNW – Part I – Site Considerations
- Foraging in the PNW
- Firearms Training – Overview of locally available options
Take I-5 Exit 232 (Cook Road Exit) East
Turn North on Old Hwy 99 (you’ll see it there)