Monthly Meetup at Bob’s Burgers & Brew in Burlington… Sunday April 07, 2019
2:20pm – 5:30pm
Come meetup and experience an afternoon of camaraderie while we focus on Safety and Security in an ever changing world. Complimentary meal provided, family friendly.
Topic 1: Oregon Trip Debrief
Topic 2: Fist Aid Supply Bulk Buy and Swap
Topic 3: PNW Rendezvous Planning
Pre-meeting discussion (1-2 @ Starbucks, 2 blocks south of Bob’s) will focus on communications – an overview of amateur radio, cb radio, NOAA radio – as well as what and how to communicate. This is a pre-cursor on a future presentation. Or, depending upon interest, we could develop more thoughts on the preparedness goals and planning (Preparedness Calendar) discussion from last month.
Reminders and Research
- Viking Library – donate a book to the box. Books available for loan for one month.
- Gear Giveaway/Exchange – bring some gear to give away or barter.
Future info sharing/tutorial presentations planned include:
- Home Canning – hands on, maybe in Spring
- Radio Communications – Amateur Radio and others
- Butchering Workshop – hands on
- Home Security – Hardening Your Refuge
- Legal Aspects of Self Defense Use of Force – ROL vs WROL
- Gardening For Food (Urban Farming)
- Principles of Health and Healing – Working with Nature
- Solar Power Design Workshop – Let’s Design YOUR System
Open to suggestions and volunteers
Previous info sharing/tutorial/demonstrations include:
- Solar Power
- Vehicle Readiness Kit
- Get Home Kit
- Alternate Route Planning
- Gardening in the PNW – Some Regional Considerations
- Strategic Relocation – A Decision Making Approach and Info Sources
- Preparedness Goals and Planning (Preparedness Calendar)
- Avoiding Crime, by Skagit County Sheriff’s office
- Volcanic Hazard Awareness and Preparedness
Take I-5 Exit 232 (Cook Road Exit) East
Turn North on Old Hwy 99 (you’ll see it there)